Friday, September 14, 2007

Saying Goodbye... Again




Saying Goodbye is never easy, especially when you end up repeating those goodbyes. For our last day together, Summer and I enjoyed a leisurely lunch at a cafe in Clamart and prayed together for the things ahead. Over lunch, we spent time saying our goodbyes, recounting the last month, sharing our unique highs and lows, and of course, our LOTR scenes from our time together.

On our walk back to the house to collect my luggage and head to the airport, a woman called claiming to be Air France. We had joked about me not really returning and that wouldn't it be funny if my flight was cancelled, so when the French accent on the end of the line said, "Mademoiselle DeLuca, your flight has been cancelled for this evening, and you have been rebooked for tomorrow night," my response was, "Is this a joke?" Thankfully, the woman was gracious, convinced me it was not a joke, and I hung up the phone laughing hysterically. Well, I guess I was suppose to stay and say goodbye one more time.

No comments: